About this Role:
In your role as Shift Brewer, you will be responsible for materials handling, wort production, yeast handling, filtration, dosing, diluting, carbonating, CIP process of hot and cold block areas, sanitation, and maintaining an organized and clean production facility. While each shift brewer may spend more time in one area of production (brewing, cellaring, or CIP), it is anticipated that you will be capable of performing the duties in each area.
What you will do:
- Material handling – Accepting ingredient deliveries such as malt, hops, process aides, etc., batching in specific recipes, weighing out ingredients, and maintaining cleanliness in the malt handling area.
- Wort Production – Operating the automated brewing process, collecting, measuring and recording pH, temperatures, and gravities, loading recipes, adding ingredients, monitoring wort flow through the brewhouse, chilling, oxygenating, and transferring wort.
- Yeast handling – Pitching, harvesting, cropping, and dumping yeast. Performing cell counts. Operating the yeast propagation system.
- Filtration, dosing, carbonating – Operating the centrifuge, final filtration, dosing skid, and carbonating beer or seltzer being transferred from the fermentation vessel (CCT) to the bright beer tank (BBT). Monitoring turbidity, temperature, pressures, dissolved oxygen, carbonation, and flow are required.
- CIP/Sanitation – Clean in place all brewhouse vessels, CCTs, BBTs, filtration and process lines. Sanitizing all process lines and vessels.
- Cleaning and organization – Moping/sweeping floors, scrubbing walls, tank exteriors, and performing items from the company’s master sanitation plan.
You are encouraged to apply if:
The ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of brewing science, the CIP process, have previous food plant experience, the ability to stand for long periods of time, work in adverse conditions, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
You must be at least 21 years of age or older to work for Pittsburgh Brewing Company. Desire to work in a team atmosphere and develop new skills. Building meaningful and respectful relationships with all team members. An advance degree in brewing science is preferred.
How to apply:
To apply for the position of Shift Brewer, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject: Shift Brewer.
These positions will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed weekly. These positions have an anticipated start date of January 17, 2022.